Friday, February 20, 2015

An oncidium - Onc Catatante "Pacific Sun Spot"

I got this little guy at the same time that I got the Phal Baldan's Kaleidoscope. He came from the NCOS Member Show Table. I'm guessing he was a division off of a larger plant. I was volunteering there that year and one of the other volunteers talked me into getting him. For $3, I had an experiment plant. He started off as 3 pseudo-bulbs. The newest pseudo-bulb is the horizontal one that you see.

Onc Catatante "Pacific Sun Spot"

He's a little sun burned since I had him in the south window when he first arrived and you can see a little bit of accordion pleating in the leaves from the time when I didn't water him for about two weeks. But overall, he's a healthy plant with nice green leaves and fat pseudo-bulbs.

A few days ago, I noticed a bump coming off of the newest pseudo-bulb. It's starting to break out of the husk there and I think that may be the next growth. I'm so excited!!!!

New growth?


No comments:

Post a Comment